STILL NOT CONVINCED?
NASA designated New York City as the global mainstage site in 2014, 2015, and 2017, and has received special visits from astronauts Ron Garan, Douglas Wheelock, Cady Coleman, Anousheh Ansari, Richard Garriott, NASA executives and dignitaries, and many other VIPs!
Our community has also participated in the World Science Festival, and co-organized the 2014 #HackTheUniverse event in the Hayden Planetarium with the American Museum of Natural History.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
Anyone and everyone! This free and open to the public event is for individuals young and old who love technology and science, and want to help improve space exploration missions and quality of life on Earth.
* Prior software programming or hardware experience is NOT required. *
This year's theme is Earth observation, and the specific challenge categories are TBD.
- Deborah Diaz: Deputy Chief Information Officer and CTO for IT @ NASA Headquarters
- Hilary Mason: Data Scientist - co-founder Fast Forward Labs, co-founder of HackNY, co-host of DataGotham
- Emily Rice: asst prof College of Staten Island (CUNY), CUNY Graduate Center, AMNH research assoc Astrophysics
- Christina Pease: Astrophysics Educator at the American Museum of Natural History
- David Hochman: consultant in technology-based economic development